News from The Community and Youth Music Library. It is with great pleasure that I can report that we have  recruited a new Director - Ruth Hellen, Past-President of IAML(UK&Irl), esteemed colleague and all-round Good Egg!

Secondly, due I'm sure to Ruth's awesome powers (but thanks also to Tony Lynes' techno-guru son-in-law), a long-standing gremlin on the CYML web site has been banished. The site advertises online access to the catalogue of vocal, orchestral and wind band sets held by CYML according to a menu of categories. For some time, clicking any category would default confusingly to the orchestral catalogue. Access to other categories could then be achieved by clicking the appropriate part of a further tool bar. By a combination of Ruth's divine (and dare I say supremely fragrant) intervention, and son-in-law's technical expertise, access and swifter response is obtained by clicking any of the initial menu categories. To view, rejoice at, and hopefully avail yourselves by, the restoration of this techno-wonder, consult the CYML web site at:

http://www.cymlibrary.org.uk/

Tony Lynes has just completed a major stock-check of all vocal sets, and the web site catalogue will soon be amended to show fully accurate quantities of sets held. Need to consult this catalogue separately will hopefully be obviated when CYML vocal and orchestral stock appears on Encore! Word from one who combines techno-gurudom with divine authority, and who thankfully survived recent synchronised narrow-boating on the sun-kissed Thames, assures us that appearance of CYML stock on Encore! will happen very soon. Needless to say, I shall be out, peeling the IAML bells, as soon as this comes to pass. It will of course still be necessary to access the web site catalogue to view the major CYML collection of wind band sets.

Finally, a recent modest funding success means that CYML is able to invest in some additional vocal sets. To whet your appetites, soon to be added to stock, and hopefully to appear on Encore!, will be 80 Handel, Israel in Egypt (Novello), 40 each of Handel, Four coronation anthems (OUP) and Vaughan Williams, Five mystical songs (Stainer & Bell), and an increase to 80 of the modern, legible Schott edition vocal scores of Orff, Carmina Burana.

Regards

Roger

Roger Taylor
Administrator, CYML

When submitting postings to iaml-uk-irl please:
   *  do not send HTML documents to the list - send plain or ASCII text only
   *  do not send attachments (pictures, Word files, etc.) to the list - they can carry viruses
   *  do not send commercial advertisements to the list
   *  start your subject line for Inter-Library Loan requests with ILL
Reuse of email addresses found on the list for unsolicited email is strictly forbidden