Dear Colleagues (apologies for cross-posting):

We would like to invite submissions to our session entitled "EP012: Coevolution of Glaciation and Glaciated Mountains". This session combines two proposed sessions: one more general in scope (Keith Ma & Stuart Thomson) and one focused specifically on the Tian Shan region (Nat Lifton & Yixin Chen). As such, our goal is to provide a broadly inclusive forum to discuss mountain glaciation and glaciated mountains, with some portion of the session focused on studies from the Tian Shan region.

Description: The form and dynamics of glaciation and of glaciated mountains are inextricably linked. Where climate and topography permit glaciers to grow, erosion or protection by warm- or cold-based glaciers can modify range-scale topography and crustal kinematics, reorganize drainage networks and reshape valleys; changes which in turn influence ice dynamics. We seek contributions that address the interplay between glacier dynamics, erosion, climate, and tectonics from a wide range of tectonic settings, glacial regimes, spatial and temporal scales, and methodologies (observational, modeling, experimental). We particularly invite workers in the Tian Shan range.

Invited Speakers

Julien Charreau (CNRS-Nancy)
Robert Anderson (University of Colorado - Boulder)
Michelle Koppes (University of British Columbia)
Pierre Valla (ETH)

The deadline for all submissions is 8 August 23:59 EDT/03:59 +1 GMT - see http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/ for details. Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Keith Ma