[multiple cross-posting is fully intentional]

Dear Metamorphic Community,
we would like to draw your attention to our AGU session:
V008 - Connections between metamorphism and magmatism in subduction zones
Conveners: Alicia M. Cruz-Uribe, Fraukje M. Brouwer, Horst R. Marschall
Confirmed Invited Speakers: Timm John (Münster), Sarah Penniston-Dorland (Maryland)
DESCRIPTION: Crucial evidence for slab-mantle material transfer in subduction zones comes from the investigation of exhumed subduction-zone metamorphic rocks. This session invites papers that investigate trace element and volatile fluxes from slab devolatilisation to metasomatism of the mantle wedge via metamorphic and experimental petrology, geochemistry and geochemical modeling. Estimates of geochemical fluxes derived from the study of slab metamorphism, accessory mineral stabilities, mixing
along the slab-mantle interface, and metasomatism within the mantle wedge may then be compared to arc volcanic signatures.

CURRENT SECTION/FOCUS GROUP: Volcanology, Geochemistry, and Petrology (V)
CO-SPONSORING SECTION(S): MSA, Tectonophysics (T)
Cheers,
Alicia Cruz-Uribe, Fraukje Brower, Horst Marschall

--
Horst R. Marschall
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution

Office: +1-508-289-2776