The Museum of English Rural Life is currently advertising for a new post of Public Programmes Manager.  This is a 0.6 permanent post.  Please see details below.  There is an online application procedure at www.reading.ac.uk/jobs and then search for Public Programmes Manager.
thanks
Isabel Hughes
Employing unit: UMASCS
Start date: as soon as possible
Closing date: 9th September 2012
Interview date: 21st September 2012
Reference number: PM12051
Post type: part-time, permanent
Hours: 0.6 FTE
Hours type: FTE
Pay grade: Grade 6
Payscale:  pro-rata per annum

We need an experienced and talented professional to plan, manage and help deliver the learning and public programming of our lively museums and collections service.
You will be responsible for overseeing and planning public  programming, with a  focus on MERL's  learning and family offer, including delivery and engaging and deploying freelancers, coordinating and organising events and recording, monitoring and evaluating its impact.

You will have:
·         You will have a strong background in museum learning and public programmes and a track record for the successful delivery of  excellence in museum activity and events
·         You will be an excellent communicator, able to work as part of a close-knit team and to work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and volunteers effectively
·         You will have proven  organisational and time management skills, and an ability and willingness to work flexibly
·         You will be able to lead, inspire and motivate colleagues and volunteers in building innovative and dynamic opportunities to engage with museums and collections

Degree level education and post-graduate diploma or degree in heritage, museum studies and, or a PGCE

Informal contact details
Contact role: Head of UMASCS/Director of MERL
Contact name: Kate Arnold-Forster
Contact phone: +44 (0)118 378 8671

Closing date for all posts: 9th September 2012
To formally apply please visit www.reading.ac.uk/Jobs or contact Human Resources, University of Reading, Whiteknights, PO Box 217, Reading RG6 6AH. Telephone +44(0)118 378 6771 (voicemail)
Please quote the relevant reference number.
We value a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.