Hi - this is the same issue as when two groups / conditions / etc  are not significantly statistically different from each other, but one just passes thresholding, and the other doesn't.  Such scenarios are an inevitable result of having to apply a final statistical thresholding to any analysis (eg corrp<0.05).    The closer the "successful" test is to *just* passing the thresholding, the more likely is this scenario.

The danger is that one should not make a claim that implies that the two conditions (or in your case halves of the brain) are significantly different from each other, without explicitly testing for that. In the case of two conditions, this means just contrasting them, and seeing if their difference is significant.

Cheers, Steve.