Hi,

Featquery uses the ppheight, which is probably causing the difference.  To
compare, look at the ppheight in your first level analysis for a few
subjects and compare this to the min/max range that you calculated.  I
believe featquery averages the ppheights over all subjects, but somebody
can correct me if I'm wrong.  The ppheight is in the header of the
design.mat file at the first level.  Hopefully that will explain the
difference.

I prefer doing it on my own with my own scale factor, since then I know
exactly how things were scaled.  All-in-all, at the end of the day the
scale factor you're using is simply a ruler.  If I tell you a measurement
in inches, you can easily transform this to mm's if you wanted.  So, for
example, if you had a 2s long stimulus and I want to compare it to my 1s
long stimulus, I can make this conversion on my own.  I just need to know
what scale factor you used for your stimulus.  As long as you state in your
paper what you used as a scale factor, you're okay.  Doing it yourself
you'll always know what the scale factor was.

Cheers,
Jeanette