this is the difficulty, that good people like you get cast with the same brush...but you speak out, and separate yourself and continue doing what you do best which is good.  good for the well being of people...it shines through and the reality is that the only way we can fix things and anything really, is to bring to light...uncover and open it up to scrutiny. and engage the public for they have a right to know.

Best,

Paul E. Alexander

--- On Tue, 7/3/12, Andrzej Glowinski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Andrzej Glowinski <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: GlaxoSmithKline to pay $3B in largest healthcare fraud settlement in US history
To: [log in to unmask]

Although I agree with the harshest penalties for both companies and individuals responsible for these unacceptable actions, please remember that there are very many people who work or have worked -- myself included -- for pharma companies, and to whom the "ethical" in what used to be "ethical pharmaceuticals" was, and remains, primary.

It is very troubling to feel associated with people who hold the view that fraud of this kind might be acceptable.  However, it is also extremely uncomfortable that some view everyone associated with pharma as evil.  I and colleagues have in the past categorically refused to work with some units in some companies because of their attitudes, and made this clear, even if it meant attracting ill-feeling or turning down paid work.  Probably won't make much difference, but at least my conscience is clear.

And yes, my small pension will be affected by all of this.

I hope that "these folk" refers specifically to those directly responsible.

Andrzej Glowinski