This sounds remarkably similar to suspected witches being asked to recite the Lords Prayer, doesn't it.

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 2:12 PM, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
By the way, I do realise England won't be playing!
Karina

Times,

>the headline was about replacing the Life in the UK test. Through
the

>plastic wrapping! I could make out that to achieve British
citizenship,

>one criterion would be to know the words to the first verse of the

>National Anthem. If this is a sign of a true British citizen, maybe

>schools should be teaching it, and all footballers should sing before

>match. I wonder how many will be singing this evening....

>Best Wishes,

>Karina

>***********************************

>ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an
interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is
managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research,
School of Education, University of Leeds.

>To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit

>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
>A quick guide to
using Jiscmail lists can be found at:

>http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
>To contact the list
owner, send an email to

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to

Allegra
*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]