Hi Karen,

Yes, I think that is the main question in front of us, and I think it's an important topic for Monday's call.

My instincts tell me that it *is* different. Jon & Tom have said it's a subclass of rdfs:Datatype, but I'm starting to wonder if it's not the other way around.

In either case, though, I think the important thing is to define some properties, perhaps aligned with VOID properties, that allow us to enrich the definition of an SES with additional metadata, including links to parsers, reference code, or XSLTs; descriptions of the syntax used; and other information about tools, context, and producing / consuming applications that might be of value.

I may be wrong here, but this is how I see DCAM & DCAP playing off each other: DCAM defines the properties and model for this kind of data so that an individual DCAP can then represent as much info about vocab as a whole as well as the individual properties used.

Hopefully that makes some sense.

Thanks,
-Corey

Metadata Services Librarian