From: Lawrence Berg [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 02 July 2012 05:12
To: Jonathan Cloke
Subject: Re: Discourse Analysis workshops?

Jon... Is it necessary to respond in this manner to a colleague who is
asking nicely for information about research approaches that fit very well
within the list remit?
Lawrence

On 12-07-01 5:18 PM, "Jon Cloke" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You're a senior lecturer in tourism and events *needing* training in critical
> discourse analysis? Is that, like, a surrealist joke?
>
> Go and read Max Ernst's novel, A Week of Kindness, then come back to the list
> and tell us what it is you really want....
>

> Dr Jon Cloke
> LCEDN/MEGS Research Associate
> Geography Department
> Loughborough University
> Loughborough LE11 3TU
>
> Office: 01509 228193
> Mob: 07984 813681

Lawrence D. Berg BA (dist.), MA, DPhil
Professor and Co-Director | UBC Centre for Social, Spatial & Economic
Justice
Community, Culture, & Global Studies | The University of British Columbia
Arts 368-368D | 3333 University Way | Kelowna, BC, Canada, V1V 1V7
Phone +1 250 807 9392 | Fax +1 250 807 8001
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Web: http://web.ubc.ca/okanagan/ccgs/faculty/berg.html

Editor: ACME: An International E-Journal for Critical Geographies
http://www.acme-journal.org