Hi all, global climate food security catastrophe is here-  ultimate human crisis.

This is in addition to planetary methane feedback  catastrophe in making- ultimate planetary crisis.

All the meltwater on top of Greenland has resulted in a record loss of Greenland surface ice albedo.

This combines with the record loss of Northern hemisphere snow albedo
and record loss already of Arctic summer sea ice volume- with thinned sea ice having lower albedo than the normal ice.

So we already have a record loss of Arctic albedo and it has to be this, which on top of global warming, is causing the unprecedented extent and severity of Northern hemisphere drought.

The loss of Arctic summer sea ice albedo has already been projected in the published science to lead to increased Northern hemisphere drought together with the increased climate variability and other extreme events.

You'll see from the attached image that every single best agricultural region in the Northern hemisphere is being hit by drought. It’s worse than my worst global warming nightmare.

Because this drought is the result of the Arctic albedo loss feedback caused by global warming and the albedo loss is only going to get worse every summer we can only expect the drought to get worse.

It's going get worse in any case because it's happening in today's global warming of 0.8° C and where absolutely committed to 3 times this warming- I make it a definite fourfold increase.

If this wasn't bad enough we also have a sustained rapid increase in atmospheric methane (having already increased two a half times with industrialisation) which the scientists are agreed on is due to methane feedback emissions. The emissions from warming peatlands with Arctic peatland emissions increasing most rapidly. In addition to this contribution of methane from subsea methane hydrates cannot be excluded according to the scientists. Again as this is due to feedback response to global warming and the methane feedback omissions can only increase and the only way to stop them is to cool the Arctic. If the methane emissions are not stopped obviously total planetary climate runaway catastrophe is inevitable. Apart from AMEG this situation is being totally ignored.

The longer we avoid this feedback fact and fail to intervene the less likely intervention is to save us.

Clearly this is a global climate planetary emergency and the first step has to be to acknowledge this emergency. Until we have governments acknowledging the emergency they are obviously not going to do anything. I hope the Crisis Forum will help in this.

As there is a planetary emergency it needs to be raised in the UN Security Council- global climate change has already been raised twice in the Security Council.

We need a planetary emergency Apollo Manhattan Gaia type project to fast-track the development of the best and safest technologies that we need now to survive. That includes

-improved zero carbon energy sources technologies storage devices and transmissions
-improved safer geo-engineering Arctic cooling methods
-artificial carbon sinks
-develop the methods for extracting carbon dioxide direct from the air and securing it

We need them all and we need them fast.

Peter C