I would agree with Russell.

By analogy, we do not allow raw sewage to be used as fertiliser on food crops due to potential microbial contamination, so would we recommend that vegetables that have been flooded by sewage are safe to eat?

If you need something more definitive it might be worth contacting the Health Protection Agency and the Food Standards Agency.

Regards

Frank Westcott

Technical Solutions for Sustainable and Brownfield Development

Magnolia House, 15a Fore Street, Roche, St Austell, Cornwall PL26 8EP
0330 330 8015
07973 616197

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information and/or
copyright material which is intended only for the addressees named above.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised and copying, distribution
or any action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Westenviro does not warrant that any e-mail messages and attachments are free from viruses or other defects and accept no liability for any losses resulting from infected email transmissions.