And a Written Statement should not be confused with a Risk Summary.

Section 3.36 of the guidance states that LA's are not required to produce risk summaries for land that will not be determined (and then refers to Section 5.2 to 5.4).

The key question in relation to Written Statements seems to me to be what 5.2 to 5.4 means by 'inspection'.

Is this ANY consideration of land from first principles (i.e. 'Strategic Inspection - 2.3 to 2.6) or just sites where a 'Detailed Inspection' (2.7 to 2.15) has been undertaken (or prioritised, then ruled out?).

Written Statements for land considered under Detailed Inspections that lead to a Cat 3/4 categorisation I can understand; Written Statements for any land considered under Strategic Inspection would appear to be unworkable!

Kind regards

Chris Dainton

Peak Environmental Solutions Limited
Unit 10, Aston Ind Estate, Parsons Lane, Hope, Hope Valley, Derbyshire, S33 6RB

http://peakenvironmentalsolutions.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisdainton