From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Thomas, Russell
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 10:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Gasworks profile

For those of you who are interested, I have decided the content of the final profile on gasworks in general will be as set down. If anyone thinks I have left anything out or would like anything else included please let me know.

*         Approximately 10 pages on the history and development of the gas industry in Britain.

*         Approximately 20 pages on the technology and plant used on gasworks cross referencing with the other profiles which have been revised on water gas, producer gas and gasholders and their tanks.

*         Different scales of gasworks - country house to city gasworks

*         Coal used

*         Retort house - horizontal retorts, inclined retorts, vertical retorts, small mention on other types used e.g. coke ovens.

*         Condenser - different types and their operation

*         Exhauster

*         Washers

*         Scrubbers

*         Gas purification - wet lime, dry lime and oxide, brief mention of cyanogen plant

*         Water Gas small mention as covered in other profile

*         Oil gas - brief mention

*         Gas meter

*         Storing gas/gas holders

*         Tar tanks and wells

*         Benzole plant

*         Naphthalene washer

*         Dry gas plant

*         Sulphate plant

*         Tar Distillation plant

*         Coke Screening plant

*         Sulphuric acid plant

*         Butane-air plant

*         By-products and wastes produced

*         Bibliography

This is my final group email on the subject, unless anyone specifically requests more information, which I doubt they .
Best Regards
Dr Russell Thomas
BSc (Hons) PhD CBIOL MSB MIENVSc CEnv MSCI
Technical Director Environment
Principal Professional Associate
Parsons Brinckerhoff
Queen Victoria House
Redland Hill Bristol BS6 6US UK
44-(0)117-933-9262 (direct)
44-(0)7879-602-509 (office)
44-(0)117-933-9250 (fax)

www.pbworld.com

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may contain confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration, dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or you are not an authorized recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system and destroy any printed copies.

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments to it) is strictly confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed.  It may contain privileged, confidential or sensitive information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy or distribute it to any other person or take any action in reliance.  If you have received it in error, please notify your system manager and the sender as soon as possible and then delete it from your system.