Hi all,

I have finally found this group and I am really pleased there's someone interested in Community Psychology.

I am currently a PhD student in criminology looking at prisoners' engagement with reforming opportunities available in the prison itself (it is connected to desistance from crime too, for those who know what I am talking about).

I am aiming to identify attitudes of staff and prisoners towards prisoners' resettlement and how this affects prisoners' efforts to reduce their reoffending (or not).

I still have to start my research and (unfortunately) I won't be able to adopt a Community psychology approach (given the restrictions I have in time and resources).
I would like to bring the discourse on prisons further and re-think research within these institutions in terms of community psychology by also including the communities that are welcoming back the same ex-prisoners.

I have a background in Social Psychology and Action Research - and I wish I could do a project more AR oriented!

I hope I will be able to make the most of the group and hear more about yourselves!

All the best,
Fabio