Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 1:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: `S' vs. M:Project:Save

Hello,

Good question.

They both do, in software terms, project.saveModified(), which means that only files that have been modified since the last save are saved (there is no point doing the others).  Because of that condition the messages on the screen can vary from save to save (whichever method is used).

Now the caveat.  The above is the only thing that the keyboard shortcut does.  The menu Save does a few more things that are worth knowing about.
First of all it will make a backup of the existing XML files, which is useful in case the save fails (e.g. because the disk is full, or the network glitches).  Secondly, it will check after the save that the files look complete (again, in case of some problem with the save).  Thirdly, it will "touch" the project directory so that you can see when you are opening a project when it was last saved.  I think those are all the differences between the two saves.  Perhaps the shortcut save should do all that as well.

Wayne