Hi Markus,

Personally, I prefer to do semi-automated assignment and then use automated assignment as a sort of check.  Given the size of your protein, automated assignment could give a reasonable answer, although I would think that you could get 80% of that assigned inside a week using semi-automated assignment and then use automated assignment to see if it can fill in any gaps.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Simon Skinner