Thank you all for your replies.
It is very much in line with my own thoughts.

@Phil, sorry you can't find your old data. I started my own repository for things I'm responsible for and once released by the PDB, people will have access to the raw images on our website.

@all
This kind of study is very nice:
http://strucbio.biologie.uni-konstanz.de/xdswiki/index.php/1Y13

But that's not what I'm up to. It's more like there's actually some unmodelled density in your structure and what could it be. It might be irrelevant to the original depositor but it could turn out to be interesting in a different protein. And I don't care about the Rama outliers, I'll not hunt down those errors. But if somebody didn't care too much to model a missing loop that might be more interesting.

@Nat,
for a different propose, I might ask you for that missing kinase loop dataset (torture, ahem education of students)

Thank you all,

Jürgen

On Jul 3, 2012, at 4:02 AM, Phil Evans wrote:

> Personally I'd be happy to share my old datasets if I could find them
> Phil
>

> On 3 Jul 2012, at 03:39, Bosch, Juergen wrote:
>
>> Dear CCP4 community,
>> what's the general opinion regarding sharing old published data sets ?
>> Would you be offended if I asked you for your raw images from say a 5-10 year old structure ?
>> And then the more tricky question, what if I find something you overlooked and I would perhaps be able to use that information ?
>>
>> Any suggestions and advice are welcome on or off board.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jürgen

>> Jürgen Bosch
>> Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
>> Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
>> Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
>> 615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
>> Baltimore, MD 21205
>> Phone: +1-410-614-4742
>> Lab:      +1-410-614-4894
>> Fax:      +1-410-955-3655
>> http://lupo.jhsph.edu

Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins University
Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
Baltimore, MD 21205
Office: +1-410-614-4742
Lab:      +1-410-614-4894