Dear Georg,

You could have asked the beamline staff :). Transporting live viruses at LN2 temperatures is a problem and is the main reason for us only offering CL3 experiments for room temperature samples. I hadn't appreciated that you would have the same problem with HG2 samples. Do you still have some crystals in crystallisation plates? If so, they could be transported at room temperature (I can give more advice on this offline) and then cryo-cooled on-site or we could do in-situ experiments using the crystallisation plates.

Regards,
Katherine

Dr K McAuley
Principal Beamline Scientist, I03