From: Stuart McNicholas <[log in to unmask]>
To: Regina Kettering <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, July 6, 2012 3:33 AM
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Problems with CCP4MG

Dear Regina,
On 5 Jul 2012, at 17:51, Regina Kettering wrote:

Dear All;

I have two problems with the visualization program that I am hoping people can help me with:
1) I downloaded a model from the Swiss-Model repository that I have been trying to open on CCP4MG version 2.4.2.  I have it saved as a .pdb file but when it loads, CCP4MG hangs and appears to convert the file into a .pdb.html file.  I can remove any spurious lines in the file, resave, reload, to no avail.  I can open the .pdb file without problems in Coot and Pymol.

Could you send me a (a link to) the pdb file so that I can llnk to see what is wrong. I am sure this must be something quite simple to fix.

2) I decided to try opening on a Windows machine (don't judge), so downloaded CCP4MG executable today (version 2.5.2).  When installing, I received two messages indicating that the executable is a virus.  Is anyone aware of this problem; am I missing a program necessary to open the files?

This is simply your anti-virus really thinking that CCP4MG is a virus. It is not. You need to tell your anti-virus program that CCP4MG is not a virus. How you do that depends on which anti-virus program you have. Then you need to search the web to find out how to deal  with false positives. If you know what your anti-virus program is, I might be able to help you with fixing the problem.

Best wishes,
Stuart McNicholas