From: CCP4 bulletin board [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of m zhang [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] cryo for high salt crystal

regaentDear All,

I am sure this question was discussed before. But I am wondering if anyone got the same experience as I do.
I got a crystal out of condition with 1M KCl, 1.4M Ammonium sulfate at pH7. I tried to use glycerol, ethylene glycol, 25% sucrose, paraton-N oil, or ammonium sulfate itself: The problem is that all the cryo plus original reagents in the reservoir precipitate the salts out. And more serious problem is because of high salt in the condition, while I am trying to loop the crystal, both the drop and cryoprotectant drop form salt crystals (not sure it is KCl or ammonia sulfate) significantly and very quickly, that cause my crystal dissolved. My crystal doesn't seem to survive paraton-N oil. Does anyone here have similiar case? any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Min