That is perfectly clear.
What was confusing me was indeed (mostly) the PDB CRYST1 record.
I guess I will go for R32:h.
Thanks a lot,
ciao,

On Jul 30, 2012, at 6:36 PM, Ian Tickle wrote:

Hi Sebastiano

How programs refer to it is irrelevant for the purposes of
publication!  If you want to be precise and stick to the ITC
convention on nomenclature it's "space group R32 in the setting
R32:h", since as I explained it's only the standard symbol R32 which
is generally shown in the main ITC table of space groups; the setting
symbols are not shown in all cases.  However simply calling it 'R32:h'
is also completely unambiguous and acceptable (but calling it 'R32'
most definitely is not!).  For the PDB CRYST1 record you have
(unfortunately) to call it 'H32'.

Hope this clears it up.

-- Ian

On 30 July 2012 17:20, Sebastiano Pasqualato