Does someone of you have transported crystals on dry ice?

Cheers,
Georg

Am 17.07.2012 20:42, schrieb Kris Tesh:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
I would contact Cole-Parmer (http://www.coleparmer.com/) and see what they recommend.  They have been very helpful in the past.

Kris

Kris F. Tesh, Ph. D.
Department of Biology and Biochemistry
University of Houston

From: Georg Zocher <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, July 17, 2012 12:45:22 PM
Subject: [ccp4bb] transport of fully functional virus crystals

Dear Community,

I have to face the problem that I have to transport fully functional and infectious virus crystals (frozen) to a synchrotron. The virus has biosafety classification 2 (HSE group 2) and therefore transport by e.g. Fedex has to fullfill the packing instruction 650, better 602 according to IATA (http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dangerous_goods/Documents/DGR52_PI650_EN.pdf). As far as I have seen by my google search all the dry shippers do not fulfill these criteria.

Therefore my questions are:
1.) Has someone of you have had the same problem and found a solution?
2.) How have you done the transport?
3.) Is there a dry shipper available which fulfills the requirements for packing instruction 650?

Any comment is welcome. Thank you very much for your efforts.

Cheers,
Georg

-- Universität Tübingen
Interfakultäres Institut für Biochemie