I take it the poet Cal Bedient is the professor formerly known as Calvin? I remember reading his lively, patronising, enthusiastic book on (then) current British poets -oh - almost 40 years ago. All those stretched metaphors that died for lack of oxygen: his style impressed me as eager. And he subscribed to the cult of ,... Charles Tomlinson!
My question is almost rhetorical, as the odds against there being two simultaneous poetical Calvin of a Bedient description must of a CERN-like quality, but I cannot find the book mentioned in his online resumes. I've forgotten its title although I have a suspicion it was a Carcanet production.
--
David Joseph Bircumshaw
Website and A Chide's Alphabet