The following ad will NOT be appearing in ARC. Please forward to any interested parties. (No agencies please)

We have an immediate vacancy for a qualified archivist. The role is to assist in the appraisal of a large quantity of corporate records formerly in 3rd party storage and now at our repository in Port Sunlight (near Liverpool and Chester, 2 mins walk from station). Previous appraisal experience would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given. Time permitting, there will also be the opportunity to do some cataloguing. Would ideally suit a newly qualified archivist looking to broaden their experience. To run until end 2012.

Unilever's archive dates back to 1292 and encompasses all areas of the global business. The cutting edge records management service provides both storage in Port Sunlight and support and training to our UK based customers. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their archives skills in a supportive environment. Full training will be given in all aspects of the role. For an informal discussion, telephone Lesley Owen-Edwards on 0151 641 4541

As this is a temporary role, the sucessful candidate will register with Unilever's preferred supplier, Manpower.

Salary around £23k pa pro rata

As an immediate/early start is required there is no closing date. Applications by CV and covering letter should be sent asap to Lesley Owen-Edwards, Unilever Archives and Records Management (The North Wing), PO Box 69, Port Sunlight, Wirral, CH62 4ZD, or by e-mail to [log in to unmask]

Regards,

Lesley

Lesley Owen-Edwards
Senior Archivist

Unilever Archives

0151 641 4541

Unilever Archives
PO Box 69
Port Sunlight
Wirral
CH62 4ZD

Unilever PLC
Registered in England and Wales; Company No 41424
Registered office: Port Sunlight, Wirral, Merseyside, CH62 4ZD