Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce an exciting conference on the history of experimental archaeology. It will be held April 12-14 2013 at Sagnlandet Lejre (Denmark), an archaeological open-air museum well known for its historical links to the development of experimental archaeology in Europe. Sponsors include EXARC, the ICOM Affiliated Organisation representing archaeological open-air museums and experimental archaeology, Sagnlandet Lejre and HARN (Histories of Archaeology Research Network), which is a research group with a growing, international membership.

The aim of this conference will be to uncover and understand the important role that replicative experiments have played in the development of archaeology, and to also establish a historical context for the issues confronting experimental archaeology today. International speakers are highly encouraged to submit a paper in the hopes of establishing a cross-cultural dialogue concerning the history of experimental archaeology.

Please visit the website for more information regarding the conference, including dates, Call for Papers, cost and contact information:

http://exarc.net/meetings/april-2013-history-experimental-archaeology-conference-lejre-dk

Following our first call for papers two months ago, we like to call for more. To submit a proposal for a paper, please send your contact information, paper title and abstract (no longer than 500 words) to one of the Conference Organisers before 31 August 2012.  We want to thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to seeing you at the conference in 2013!

Kind Regards,

Jodi Reeves Flores: [log in to unmask]

Roeland Paardekooper: [log in to unmask]