MRC Clinical Trial Service Unit & Epidemiological Studies Unit (CTSU)
University of Oxford

Medical Statistician

£26,022-£31,758 p.a.

The CTSU is one of the world’s leading centres for research into the causes, prevention and treatment of chronic diseases (such as heart disease and cancer).  In heart disease, the CTSU has conducted several highly successful randomised controlled trials and collaborative meta-analyses of trials that have substantially influenced worldwide clinical practice.   Several other randomised trials, overviews of such trials and epidemiological studies are in progress.  Further details can be found at http://www.ctsu.ox.ac.uk/

We are seeking to recruit a medical statistician to join a team of statisticians and clinical epidemiologists, to work on a range of projects including the Heart Protection Study (a cholesterol lowering trial) and the HPS-2-THRIVE study (a lipid modification trial).  A degree in statistics (plus an MSc, PhD or equivalent) and experience of statistical analysis using SAS, R/S-PLUS or Stata are essential.

In return, we offer 30 days annual leave, a competitive salary and a final salary pension scheme. Please note that final appointment will be subject to pre-employment screening.

Applications for these roles must be made online at https://ext.ssc.rcuk.ac.uk/  quoting reference IRC62246. The closing date is 2 September 2012.

For further information about the MRC visit www.mrc.ac.uk

The MRC is an Equal Opportunities Employer.

Derrick A. Bennett, PhD, CStat,

CTSU,

University of Oxford,

Richard Doll Building,