Dear All,

We are currently exploring and reviewing positive action initiatives to increase the number of female staff in senior grades, i.e. both in Professorial or Senior Administrative grades.  I would welcome information on initiatives/policy implemented in other HEI’s to address this concern.

Below is a list of some positive action initiatives. It would be helpful to know;

1) Which are in operation in your HEI

2) The impact they have had

3) Any other action your HEI has in place not listed

•           Targeted recruitment

•           Succession Planning

•           Leadership development programmes

•           Mentoring

•           Career development workshops

•           Unconscious bias training for recruiters and decision makers

•           Women network group – (senior women’s group)

•           A review of the recruitment/promotion process to identify barriers and areas for further positive action (E.g. consideration taken of impact of PT working and maternity leave)

•           Athena Swan Charter

Thanks

Nneb

Ms Nneb Akpom-Simon

Equality and Diversity Adviser

HR Corporate Policy and Employee Relations Unit

City University

London EC1V OHB

Phone: 020 7040 4069

Email: [log in to unmask]

This email and its contents are the property of City University London. If you are not the intended recipient of this message and any attached files, please delete it. Unauthorised copying or distribution of this message, its attachments or parts thereof, is strictly prohibited unless specifically stated otherwise.