From: Tonya Largy [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 10:59 AM
To: Jason Fancher
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] Fish Bone

Hello Jason,

This is a  parasphenoid bone, but I don't know from which species.

Tonya Largy

Jason Fancher wrote:

Hi All,

A relative found a bone on the beach in Washington state, USA, and asked me to identify it.  Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with fish remains.  Whatever it is, it is very large.  Please let me know if you can ID the element and/or species (see Bone Commons link for image):

http://alexandriaarchive.org/bonecommons/items/show/1854

Thanks very much,

Jay Fancher

Dr. Jay Fancher