 From: Nancy R Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, June 9, 2012 4:26 AM
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Lion bones in Greece & Balkans?

I am updating my catalog of Holocene lion bones (Panthera leo) found in Greece and the Balkans.  My last catalog was published in 2004 and included the sites listed below.  If anyone knows of new lion (or leopard) bones or more information on older finds from these areas, please let me know.  I will cite you in a paper I will be presenting in Paris at the PHYSIS Aegean Conference.  Thank you!
Nancy R. Thomas, Ph.D.   Jacksonville, Florida USA    [log in to unmask]

Delphi, Dikili Tash, Kalapodi, Kastanas, Kea, Mycenae (unpub tooth), Pylos, Samos, Tiryns  (I also have information on Aigeira and Aegina)

Bolgrad, Devetaska Cave, Durankulak, Goljamo Delcevo, Gyöngyöshalász-Encspuszta, Karanovo, Kirklareli, Mayaki, Slatino, Sozopol, Tiszaföldvár-Téglagyár, Tiszalúc-Sarkad, Zengövárkony,