On 17 June 2012 23:11, Tim Jenness <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> If you converted from FITS then the epoch header should have been
> filled in from the DATE-OBS header originally. The DATE-OBS in the
> FITS header is just a memory of the original FITS header rather than
> an expression of the WCS. I assume the header in this case did not
> come from a FITS file.

Yes it did. The NDF produced from the original FITS file has the right
DATE-OBS but the EPOCH is missing (I think it was absent from the FITS
headers). However, when I convert back to FITS this strange DATE-OBS
is added. I'll try to get one of the original FITS files in case this
is useful.

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Unda-Sanzana