Dear Baidya,

There is beamformer source extraction function in SPM beamforming
toolbox. However, it might not be convenient for extracting data from
thousands of sources as it was intended for much smaller numbers. That
function uses Fieldtrip code and if you use it as an example and read
Fieldtrip documentation (http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/) you can
modify it in a way that would be more suitable for you.

One thing you should understand is that the number of independent
sources in MEG data cannot exceed the number of channels and usually
is much less than that. So you cannot blindly interpret the signal
extracted using beamforming from a particular set of coordinates as
the actual physiological activity of the corresponding part of the
brain. See the references below for some discussions of that:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21319268
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12948691
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15340934

Finally the MEG group in Oxford is interesting in resting state
analysis and they base their code on SPM. So you might be interested
in talking to them. I CC this to Mark who can tell you more.

Best,

Vladimir