Dear all

I am a beginner for SPM (SPM8) and I would like to ask you some basic questions about 'resizing' and 'flipping':

I would like to perform a group analysis, and I have some scans with a different structural voxel and dimension size. I would like to know which is the best way to modify them.
I have seen in the Display function there is the possibility to resize (x), (y) and (z): is it possible to modify the size there only for the structural image? I have tried to do it but it does not take the values that I had written.
I have consulted the JISC e-mail forum , and I have seen that you propose a script 'resize_img', but I do not know what I have to do practically: I know it is a silly question but I do not know how to use it, where do I find this function in SPM? Do I have to write it in Matlab?
I have seen there is also the possibility of doing Coregister: reslice... What do you advice me to do?

The other question concerns the problem of flipping Right_Left:

I would like to flip R/L some scans so that I have all the subjects with a lesion in the same side for group analysis purpose. I have seen there are several ways to do it: I use mri convert to perform conversion from DICOM to NIfTI, but I have seen that if the output is SPM Analyze (instead of NIfTI) the images preserve radiological convention after conversion. I wonder if this seems correct to you... Somebody proposed in the JISC e-mail list an alternative method: changing resize (x) to -1, in order to do this flip R/L.
Do you advice me to do it otherwise, without starting once again all the preprocessing and other steps with the new converted images... (I have already done the single subject study with image conversion from DICOM to NIFTI)?
Do you know if it is possible to flip '.con' images? I have tried to do so with MRI cron, but I cannot save the flipped image

I apologize for making you lose your time with these basic questions, but I would be very thankful if you could tell me how to proceed..

Victoria Gonzalez
University of Montpellier