Dear all,

I am trying to estimate the signal intensity of individual trials in a rapid ER design. Intuitively, I would think of establishing the 1st-level GLM, using one regressor for one trial.

For example, let say I have 100 trials in one run/session, then when defining my 1st-level GLM, I would add 100 conditions along with 100 onsets respectively for these 100 trials. However, the concern is that there might be too many regressors. ( In fact, if I introduce temperal derivative into the model to account for hemodynamic delay, I would have 200 regressors altogether.) Is this a problem? Or has anybody tried to fullfill similar purpose ( estimating single trial signal intensity maps) before?

Many thanks and best regards,
               Ce