Hi,

I've got a question about the statistical mapping. You must know I have no background or what so ever about this program and statistics, but I went throught the manual of SPM.

First I'll tell you something about our research for those who are interested.

We want to investigate the metabolism in the brain in prelingually deaf (deaf before the age of 4) patients who are up for cochlear implantation (CI). This is a hearing device for these profoundly deaf patients. Sometimes a patient can even make normal phone calls, sometimes they have absolutely no benefit of the CI. We want to investigate if the cause may be in the fact they have a different brainmetabolism than normal hearing subjects. This is in a nutshell what we want to investigate.

Problem:
Now, we have 6 patients we want to put together in a statistical brainimage. When I put 5 subjects in the batch editor with the options of 'multiple subjects', I get an image (no masking, p value adjustment to control: FWE, p value (FWE): 0.05, & extent threshold: 0).  But when I add another subject, the program show an empty 'glass' brain image. It's not because the last scan doesn't fit, because when I switch the first one for the sixth image, it works too.
I can't find out why this is. Can somebody help me with this problem?

Greetings,

Birgit