Omar,

Since your models are different, they will give a different result. This is
not a surprise.

There are several differences/potential differences:
(1) In the t-test, you assumed that the effect of diagnosis had the same
effect for both genotypes (1 covariate);
(2) In the t-test, you might not have set the variance to unequal;
(3) Differences in the design matrix leads to different degrees of freedom
and a different residual error.

As has been said before on the list. You first need to develop your
research question and then select the model that will best answer the
question. Without knowing your question, its hard to assess which model
would be better.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
=================
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Research Fellow, Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital
and
Harvard Medical School
Website: http://www.martinos.org/~mclaren
Office: (773) 406-2464
unintentionally, please immediately notify the sender via telephone at
(773)
406-2464 or email.