Dear SPM users,

In SPM 8, I used an independent t-test to compare two genotype groups on a
task, and I included a categorical covariate (control or patient) in the
model.  As an alternative, I also tried a full factorial with two factors,
diagnosis and genotype.  However, these tests give completely different
results, and I'm not sure why.  I set the full factorial as follows:

Factor 1 (genotype):
Levels - 2
Independence - Yes
Variance - Unequal

Factor 2 (diagnosis):
Levels - 2
Independence - Yes
Variance - Unequal

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.  I've also
included the design matrix for the full factorial model, perhaps there is a
problem with it?

Kind regards,

Omar Mothersill

--