One of the many OER OMAC resources produced last year was 'The Insider's Guide to being a New Business Academic' http://research-archive.liv.ac.uk/3533/

Content was base on earlier BMAF Research into support needs for new academics and further developed through road-testing with new and early career academics attending new-to-teaching workshops. From feedback over the past year and especially at recent HEA NTT workshops for those in business education it has been found to be a very useful resource.

It is focused on business education, partly as part of the 'Open for Business' project and partly as we know people often look for something contextual, but unsurprisingly much of it is generic.

I would also recommend the companion Jargon Buster http://dspace.jorum.ac.uk/xmlui/handle/123456789/15474

Best wishes, Richard

Richard Atfield. FHEA
HEA Discipline Lead – Business and Management

T +44 (0)1904 717500, M +44 (0)7720 968831, [log in to unmask], Skype: richard.atfield-HEA, Twitter: @HEA_BusinessEdu
http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/disciplines/business-and-management

The Higher Education Academy, Innovation Way, York Science Park, Heslington, York, YO10 5BR

Adjunct Associate Professor, University of Canberra
Associate Lecturer in Healthcare Management, Oxford Brookes University