This is, I assume, an unpaid “opportunity”.

MK

From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Yalda Javadi
Sent: 2012-June-06 18:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Looking for science writers that want to get involved with Ionic magazine

Dear PSCI-COM,

To avoid clogged up in-boxes please could people email me directly at

I am launching Ionic Magazine (www.ionicmagazine.co.uk) in a few months
time that aims at merging Science and Art in a monthly online magazine.
I believe that the beauty and creativity involved in scientific
breakthroughs can parallel the genius involved in the creation of a
piece of art. In this vein, I have created Ionic Magazine to establish a
source of imagery for modern day scientific accomplishments. I hope the
magazine will stimulate great minds spanning both scientists and
artists, and I need your help.

I am currently looking for people who want to try out their science
writing skills and are interested in writing a piece for the magazine.
Each month Ionic Magazine will publish ten articles that are current
within the fields of medicine, nanotechnology, biotechnology, psychology
and astronomy. The articles will be summarized and explained so as to be
accessible to a broad audience and should be no longer than 500 words.
Alongside each article there will be an artist's representation of that
very story.

If anyone wants to take part or has any questions, please email me at

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yalda Javadi

********************************************************************** Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com from the web site.

Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as 'JISCMail'. It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptable Use Policy: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html

Email commands: 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate. Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used to register on psci-com. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: [log in to unmask]