To be honest Martha, the only point I was making was that people have a choice whether or not to apply for this role, and at least it is offering some money. It will suit some people, it won't suit others. I'm not trzing to get anyone's back up, just making my point in a respectful way. That's all. Ben.

Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:18:35 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] Job vacancy: Science in Society Assistant, Fixed term, British Science Association
To: [log in to unmask]

Ah, freelance journalism. Such an easy field for people without connections to break into. Really, why does anyone complain about the lack of jobs when we could all just be doing that?

"For those that don't/wouldn't on the grounds that the pay is too low, that's their choice too." - this sentence is ridiculous. People don't 'choose' to not be able to supplement their income. That's the point.

Cheers
Martha