Thank you Stefanie!!!! this is great!!! at least i have a starting point

Regards

Flora

________________________________
 From: stefanie di russo <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, June 1, 2012 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: Design thinking

Hi Flora

There are many resources on the topic of design thinking. It may help to
decide what focus of information you are seeking. As you mentioned working
for a disadvantaged community, it might be best to look at socially
sustainable and/or human centered design. This still falls under 'design
thinking'- particularly articles (most famously) published by IDEO. Their
website has a toolkit for individuals seeking methods to help with social
projects:

http://www.ideo.com/work/human-centered-design-toolkit/

It might also be worthwhile reading Ezio Manzini's research on design for
social innovation, all papers which can be found on his blog:

http://www.sustainable-everyday.net/manzini/ ....As well as following the
projects he has initiated.

As for a more (current) theoretical than practical approach to design
thinking, Lucy Kimbell is a great start:

http://www.lucykimbell.com/LucyKimbell/Writing.html

Or if you fancy a more light hearted account on design thinking, my own
blog, which you will find a historical description of design thinking with
references to books, scholars and articles (adapted from my research):

http://ithinkidesign.wordpress.com/

This is a very general overview of where to start, but i hope it helps

- Stefanie

--
*Stefanie Di Russo*

PhD Student