Dear Nur,

One of the problems of research into design activity is researchers focus on
what they think is worth seeing when viewing the working of designers.

This can be to some extent avoided by seeing people as something different.
One example is the use of ethology: seeing people as animals and ignoring
they are what we think understand as 'people'.
Another example in Activity Theory is to make people the equivalent to other
non-human elements in an activity system.

If you ignore that designers are people, you can also  start to benefit from
other research methods that address exactly the same kinds of problem -
understanding the basis of behaviour and its relationship to outcomes -  in
other contexts. An interesting video method that does that is described at :

http://www.nature.com/nmeth/journal/v9/n4/full/nmeth.1924.html

The style of approach described in this link  looks useful for design
research in a variety of contexts and avoids most of the limitations of
self-report and talking aloud analyses.

Best wishes,
Terry
==