Dear Anne
Thank you so much for that information.  I have started following it up.  I have an appointment with the C. Advice office next week and will pass it by them as well.

Janet

From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 June 2012, 21:13
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] supervised placement

Hello Janet

I am so glad you found our course at LSBU is brilliant. We have worked hard to make it thus and so It is very gratifying to read that from a student.

Good luck in setting up your own business. As you are about to graduate from London South Bank University you are eligible to apply for business support from them. Our university committed to helping our graduates set up businesses, our new Chancellor is Richard Fairley, one of the dragons from Dragon’s Den.  In additional to a bursary of £10,000 (which may be tax free) I think there is free office accommodation, stationery etc and coaching and mentoring for at least one lucky graduate. Contact David Bulmer, the manager:
[log in to unmask].  I have agreed to be on the list of mentors for those who are selected for the enterprise programme so I would be delighted if one of those students were an OHN. The winner this year was an industrial designer, a runner up is a law student who has developed a range of cosmetics using natural products – an Anita Roddick in the making I suspect.

Download this RCN text Nurse Entrepreneurs – Turning initiative into independence – it used to cost about £10.00 now downloadable for free:
http://www.rcn.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/115632/003215.pdf

The RCN used to have  Nurse Entrepreneurism group so it may be worth finding out about those resources.

The following website may also be helpful – it is based in the US but may be useful to access none the less:

http://www.nurse-entrepreneur-network.com

Hope this assists

Anne

Anne Harriss