Hi Jane,  I've been reading the replies to your post with interest and on that basis am now looking for an NLP course to get myself on.  I've referred clients for EMDR therapy for trauma, CBT or help with other psychological symptoms etc.  Personally I was fortunate enough to be able to do a Coaching Qualification with a previous employer as I saw a use for the coaching model in the OH consulation.  Where as with counselling one would ask 'how do you feel' as a coach you ask' what are you going to do about it?'  I've certainly been able to challange many of my patients perceptions regarding their ability to return to work using it and it seems to work well in the short term.

As Sharon has already said I'm not sure if I would want to get involved in providing treatment for clients as that isn't part of my role but from what you've asked in your original post it seems that it's coaching that you might be after...

Contact me off line if you want to talk it through.

Rgds,

Jeremy

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: