Dear Colleagues,

we are considering to buy a single-longitudinal-mode continuous-wave green laser operating in the 514–532 nm range.

The laser should be useful for optical trapping experiments as well as for pumping single-mode ring dye lasers. Optimally the laser would provide 6-7 W, but 5 W would be enough.

Products we are considering are
  - Coherent Verdi V6 or V8 (6 or 8 W @ 532 nm)
  - Coherent Verdi G5 SLM (OPSL technology, 5 W @ 532 nm)
  - Coherent Genesis CX-514 SLM (5-6 W @ 514 nm)
  - Spectra Physics Millennia Edge (5 W @ 532 nm)

I would be interested to learn about any good alternatives. Moreover, I was wondering whether you could provide any feedback on these systems regarding their reliability, ease of use, maintenance costs, and overall performance in an academic laboratory.

Thank you very much for your consideration in advance!

Best wishes,
Jochen
--
Controlled Molecule Imaging Group - http://desy.cfel.de/cid/cmi
Prof. Dr. Jochen Küpper

Center for Free-Electron Laser Science (CFEL)    Department of Physics
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY)          University of Hamburg
Coherent Imaging Division                        Luruper Chaussee 149
Notkestrasse 85                                  22761 Hamburg, Germany
22607 Hamburg, Germany

phone:     +49-40-8998-6330
fax:       +49-40-8994-6330
mobile:    +49-170-9215927 (9/6330)
secretary: +49-40-8998-5798

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html