Please note that, to ensure a stronger programme, we have decided to postpone this workshop and public event from 3rd July to September (date to be announced). Please await further announcements. We will be in touch with all who have expressed an interest.

Science on TV and in the Museum: Workshop and Event, 3 July, Science Museum London

Hold the date: More details to follow.

On 3rd July, we are holding during the day a workshop that will bring together television producers, curators and historians to discuss the parallel histories of science television and museum display in the 1950s and 1960s. Discussion, illustrated by archive television programmes and visual material from the Science Museum’s rich exhibition archive, will provide insights into both media and their development across two crucial decades. The evening event will include screenings and a panel discussion.

This is part of the AHRC Science in Culture “Intermedial Science” exploratory project.

Further details will be circulated in the next few weeks. Places at the workshop will be limited. To express an interest in attending either or both events, please e-mail [log in to unmask]

Tim

Dr Tim Boon,
Head of Research and Public History,
The Science Museum,
Exhibition Road,
London
SW7 2DD

Tel: 020 7942 4207 / Fax: 020 7942 4103 / Mobile: 07949 517 646
Skype: tim.boon.scm
E-mail:
Web: www.sciencemuseum.org.uk

Keep up with stories from our collections; read our Blog

Author of Films of Fact: A History of Science in Documentary Films and Television

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and are confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not reflect the views of the Science Museum Group. This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System.

This email has been scanned on behalf of the Science Museum Group for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System.