Dear Colleagues
Our latest CST guest blog is now live - Passive or Active?  The Old Conundrum by Geoff Lealand - about the thorny old debate over whether we passively watch TV or whether the audience is now far more active than ever.
We have a review of the second season of Episodes (which has just started screening in the States) by our American friend David Bianculli - don't forget to visit his website TV Worth Watching for the best reviews of American TV.
Our CST blog this week is an old one.  Due to work commitments Janet and I decided to re-run the first ever column we wrote for the old Critical Studies in Television site.  Written in October 2008, Writing TV into Discourse is a rumination on the TV archive and how access to TV is changing in the digital age.  It makes for interesting reading some 3 1/2 years later and contains a clip of Ugly Betty in Arabic which, in some kind of weird synchronicity, is the book we were working on this week!  Anyway, enjoy.
Best wishesKim

Kim AkassCSTonline