________________________________

From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Godden, Alex
Sent: 13 June 2012 11:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: The scent (or whiff) of an issue?

Hi all,

A quick non-Friday question, how does everyone record stinkpipes on
their HER, if at all? It doesn't exist as a term on the thesaurus, and
I'm not really sure if it clarifies as a sewer?

For those who are unaware of what Stink (or Stench) Pipes are...
http://stinkpipes.blogspot.co.uk/ <http://stinkpipes.blogspot.co.uk/>  ,
but I'd argue that they should be recorded as important surviving
features of Victorian engineering...

All the best!

Alex

Alex Godden BA (Hons) MA
Archaeologist/ Historic Data Manager
Strategic Environmental Delivery Group
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council
Tel. 01962 832338    HPSN 8 200 2338
Email: [log in to unmask]

hants.gov.uk/landscape-and-heritage
<http://www3.hants.gov.uk/landscape-and-heritage.html>

Visit the Milton Keynes Council web site at http://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk

Please consider the environment and don't print this email unless you really need to

**** This email and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain information which is privileged.  If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance of this email or attachments.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify us as soon as possible.

The anti-virus software used by Milton Keynes Council is updated regularly in an effort to minimise the possibility of viruses infecting our systems. However, you should be aware that there is no absolute guarantee that any files attached to this email are virus free.****