Hi,

There will be an intervention on the RAL Tier1 next Wednesday, 27th June. This is mainly to move the Oracle databases behind the Castor storage system to systems running Oracle 11. An outage has been declared in the GOC DB for the SRM endpoints and the CEs (batch) from 07:45 to 13:30 (UTC) for this work.

While Castor is unavailable we will take the opportunity to carry out a number of other pieces of work. Notably the Oracle database behind the FTS will be moved. This database has been temporarily hosted on an alternative system following problems during an upgrade to Oracle 11 a week ago. (Note that the Castor Oracle database upgrade is being carried out differently to the one that gave problems last week.) An outage of our FTS service has been declared in the GOC DB from 06:45 to 10:00 for this. Active FTS transfers will be drained before the database is moved. The list of queued transfers will be carried across with the database.

Gareth Smith