We do in rotation so one sabbatical per yr, for all the x number of partners.  New partners come in at the bottom so expect their turn in "x" yrs.

We do it for up to 3m, and practice covers locus costs (to support anyone with less money in that particular yr and to smooth the costs).  We (the partner) can then choose whether to add up to 2m more (plus a bit of holiday time as well) covering locus costs themselves.  Most take around 6 weeks meaning they pay a couple of weeks locus plus whatever personal costs the choose to incur.  (Drawings continue as usual)

HTH
Tim